written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Monday 25 December 2017

Theatre Is Life

Theatre is life… Theatre is my life, my reason to get up in the morning. Performing consumes my thoughts daily, like the comedic panto character who constantly bumbles around the stage disrupting the ‘serious’ characters to interject a ridiculous joke.

The Theatre/performing allows me to experience another life, a different reality. I believe watching a show helps people to gain understanding of others and come to terms with their own issues.  The Theatre is live, allowing everyone to live in the moment rather than pressing record and watching it later… In a world that is constantly evolving and changing it’s refreshing to sit back, relax and just take in what’s happening in front of you.


So if you are fed up of the constant bombarding of emails, annoying Snapchats from the Ex or just generally need to recharge your batteries… book yourself a ticket for a show and turn off your phone.  Trust me, it’s a lot cheaper than an exotic holiday!

The Stage
When I'm on stage...
I feel alive.
I feel I can fly.
I feel wild and free,
As the adrenaline pumps through me.
I show another perspective.
I live another life.
So you have the ability to change yours!
I don't do it for the fame...
We just need to recognise underneath our skin
We are all the same.

Thanks for reading, Helena x
 

0 comments: